The VECMA toolkit (VECMAtk) can be found on its own designated webpage vecma-toolkit.eu
The VECMAtk establishes a platform for verification, validation and uncertainty quantification (VVUQ). The goal is to provide tools that can be combined to capture complex scenarios, applied to applications in disparate domains, and used to run multiscale simulations on any desktop, cluster or supercomputing platform.
The VECMAtk is periodically updated, with minor releases every 3 months, and major releases every 12 months.
Month 18 release
The Month 18 release is made up of the following tools:
- QCG Pilot Job
The following enhancements in terms of features have been made in the Month 18 release:
- Improved UQ for the human migration application, mixing EasyVVUQ with FabSim3
- QCG-PJ: improved scalability, both with and without EasyVVUQ
- Support for half the UQ patterns originally proposed in VECMA for four projects
- Stable version of MUSCLE3 – FabSim3 integration
- Support for the High-Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS) supercomputer
- Support for systematic output analysis through a new tool
- Support for multiple Validation & Verification Patterns (VVPs)
- 20 alpha users
Month 15 public release
The latest VECMAtk M15 release contains the following components:
- QCG Pilot Job
M15 release has the following feature improvements:
– Addition of MUSCLE 3.
– FabSim3: addition of replica support.
– Implementation of the first VVP + automated validation example.
– EasyVVUQ: completion of refactoring + addition of new UQ methods.
– Implementation of fixes addressing concerns from M12 release.
– Support for at least two UQ patterns.
– 15 alpha users.
– Alpha version of MUSCLE3 – FabSim3 integration.
The M15 version was released on September 13th, 2019.