We are holding the third VECMA Hackathon in the beginning of the new year! You are invited to join a VECMA Toolkit Hackathon on 19-22 January 2021. The Hackathon will allow you to interact with our VECMAtk experts, who will help you apply your choice of VECMAtk tools on your own codes and applications.
As a refresh, VECMAtk enables automated Verification, Validation and Uncertainty Quantification (VVUQ) for complex single- and multi-scale applications that can be deployed on emerging exascale platforms and provides support for software applications for any domain of interest. The toolkit provides a variety range of tools to:
- create VVUQ procedures (EasyVVUQ),
- to facilitate the creation of surrogate models for multiscale simulations (EasySurrogate)
- to automate the complex workflows emerging from these procedures (FabSim3),
- to enable the efficient execution of large numbers of jobs on computational resources (QCG Pilot Job Manager),
- to provide convenient means to use HPC facilities for users (QCG-Now) and user-developers (FabSim3 and QCG-Client),
- and to make creating coupled multiscale simulations easy, and to then enable efficient Uncertainty Quantification of such models using advanced semi-intrusive algorithms (MUSCLE3)
The Hackathon will be structured as follows:
Tuesday 19 Jan 2020 – 9:00-12:00UK: Introductions, team formation, logistics, background
Tuesday 19 Jan 2020 – 15:30-16:00UK: Progress reports
Wednesday 20 Jan 2020 – 09:00-09:30UK: Morning stand-up
Wednesday 20 Jan 2020 – 15:30-16:00UK: Progress reports
Wednesday 20 Jan 2020 – 18:00-21:00UK: Remote dinner and drinks
Thursday 21 Jan 2020 – 09:00-09:30UK: Morning stand-up
Thursday 21 Jan 2020 – 15:30-16:00UK: Progress reports
Friday 22 Jan 2020 – 09:00-09:30UK: Morning stand-up and distribution of event survey
Friday 22 Jan 2020 – 14:00-16:00UK: Present progress, wrap up, collection of survey entries
There is a suggested fake-registration fee of ~£20 that will fund your take-away dinner and drinks on Wednesday evening. Basically, order food and drink for yourself and eat/drink with us over telecon!
You can register to attend the hackathon here.
We look forward to seeing you there!
The VECMA Team