The fourth VECMA Toolkit Hackathon is taking place on 21-23 April 2021. The Hackathon will allow you to interact with our VECMAtk experts, who will help you apply your choice of VECMAtk tools on your own codes and applications.
VECMAtk enables automated Verification, Validation and Uncertainty Quantification (VVUQ) for complex single- and multi-scale applications that can be deployed on emerging exascale platforms and provides support for software applications for any domain of interest. The toolkit provides a variety range of tools to:
- create VVUQ procedures (EasyVVUQ),
- to facilitate the creation of surrogate models for multiscale simulations (EasySurrogate)
- to automate the complex workflows emerging from these procedures (FabSim3),
- to enable the efficient execution of large numbers of jobs on computational resources (QCG Pilot Job Manager),
- to provide convenient means to use HPC facilities for users (QCG-Now) and user-developers (FabSim3 and QCG-Client),
- and to make creating coupled multiscale simulations easy, and to then enable efficient Uncertainty Quantification of such models using advanced semi-intrusive algorithms (MUSCLE3)
The Hackathon will be structured as follows:
Wednesday 21 Apr 2021 – 9:00-12:00UK: Introductions, team formation, logistics, background
Wednesday 21 Apr 2021 – 15:30-16:00UK: Progress reports
Thursday 22 Apr 2021 – 09:00-09:30UK: Morning stand-up
Thursday 22 Apr 2021 – 15:30-16:00UK: Progress reports
Thursday 22 Apr 2021 – 18:00-21:00UK: Remote dinner and drinks
Friday 23 Apr 2021 – 09:00-09:30UK: Morning stand-up and distribution of event survey
Friday 23 Apr 2021 – 14:00-16:00UK: Present progress, wrap up, collection of survey entries
You can register to attend the hackathon here.
We look forward to seeing you there!
The VECMA Team